8 Strong Indications That a New Roof Is In Your Future
Does My Arizona Home Need a New Roof?
Many roofs need repair over time, and others end up needing to be replaced by a Phoenix roofing contractor due to damage from a storm, impact due to a fallen tree branch, or even as a result of a pest infestation. However, many roofs will naturally get to the end of their anticipated lifespan without being subject to failure. Perhaps they have been carefully maintained, or there are no trees near the home, or you’ve just gotten lucky and avoided any major storms. When this happens, your roof may start to look old and worn out even with regular preventative maintenance and care.
In other situations, when replacing an old roof is put off for whatever reason, your home could end up in a more severe situation or be at risk of flooding, mold damage, or serious problems with your home’s foundational structure. This means it’s important for homeowners to be vigilant about periodically inspecting their roof. A Glendale roofing company near me offers eight warning signs to look out for that indicate a roof replacement is in your near future. Knowing these symptoms will allow you to give yourself enough time to add the project to your to-do list.
Signs That Your Roof Needs Repair Or Replacement
- The edges of your shingles are curled and/or individual shingles have taken on a cupped shape. This indicates that they are no longer secured well to the roof and are not offering full protection against the elements.
- There are bald spots on your roof where granules or tiles are missing. They may have shattered or been blown off in a storm. Either way, this leaves your roof vulnerable to damage from rain or pests. The problem may be worse than it initially appears because the elements can leak down underneath other intact shingles and cause hidden damage inside your attic.
- Your home has cracked shingles which again indicate that your roof is under-protected and at risk of more severe and often hidden damage that can compromise your entire roof if not addressed by Peoria roof repair as soon as possible.
- If your roof is at least 20 years old, it may be at the end of its designated lifespan and be ready for replacement. Most shingle roofs today are produced for incredible durability and can last at least two decades with proper maintenance. However, many factors can contribute to an acceleration of the aging of your roof’s shingles. For example, a roof that is not properly vented can negatively impact your shingles, which means you’ll need to replace it sooner than you would have with proper ventilation.
- Your roof just looks old and worn out. Give your home a facelift and stand out in your neighborhood by choosing a quality Scottsdale residential roofer to replace your roof. You’ll have the option of changing and updating the look of your home by choosing a new color and style!
- Your neighbors are getting new roofs. At first, this may seem like a silly reason for a new roof, but it’s important to remember that homes in subdivisions were usually built around the same time. Since these homes are obviously receiving the same weather conditions as your home, it may be a good time to consider getting a roof inspection and replacement if multiple homes in your neighborhood are getting new roofs.
- Your roof has dark streaks on it. Most people aren’t aware that airborne algae can cause dark streaks on their shingles. While it may not necessarily be a problem for the longevity of your shingles, many people don’t like the way it looks.
- Moss is growing on your roof. This is a more common issue in cooler, moist climates, but can happen in any shaded area of your home’s roof. Unlike dark streaks, moss is not just a cosmetic issue. It holds moisture against your roof’s surfaces, which can damage the shingles and other roofing materials. Brushing it off can stall damage, but won’t prevent the moss from growing back, and needs to be done carefully so it doesn’t damage the surface of your shingles.
Find a Top Rated Roofing Contractor In Phoenix
Arizona Native Roofing is a local company dedicated to quality and professional solutions, whether you need a roofing repair or a full replacement. Our experienced roofers treat your home or business with respect and care, so you can feel confident in the service you receive. To schedule a free quote on any work your roof may need, call Arizona Native Roofing at (602) 348-6559 or contact us conveniently through the contact form on our website.
24008 N. 104th Avenue
Peoria, Arizona 85383
Email: [email protected]